Thursday, April 29, 2010

Homestretch is way too cliche a term to use...


We have just hours HOURS! before our flight from Charles De Gaulle. 70 precious few to be about.

Earlier today when I had more like 83 I set out for Le Louvre art museum in downtown Paris. Normally it takes a full grown male 4 days to make good on the massive collection; which ranges from artifacts of the ancient world through Renaissance art and 19th century aristocratic grandeur. This is all coming out now that I have the time to think back and sound pretentious. But on foot, I had just one objective: make as much use of 9.50 euro (and the great opportunity) as possible. I maintained a fairly solid pace for about 7 hours - taking about 30 min at halftime for an overpriced coffee and pastry. I almost ran through the religious art of the 15-1600's. Ive seen plenty by this point and have grown tired of the Virgin Mary riding tidal waves of infant angels.

I have a certain nerdy streak for ancient history and so enjoyed looking at the Hellenic and Egyptian archeology. I was even able to recognize two or three things (from history) thanks to the one classics course I've taken at UVM.

Rosey got a new passport today. It got stolen a couple nights ago btw. Short story. There was this kung-fu master, right, and he challenged Matt to an "honorable" test of strength. It was a good fight and properly animated. Rosey was this close, I mean italics close, to beating him but the cowardly kung-fu master used his Monkey Style Bag-Stealing Distraction Stance (a cowardly move indeed). Next thing we knew, he and Matt's bag were nowhere to be seen. We tried hunting him down to no avail.

But everything is ok now! We will return as scheduled.

Might do another update before leaving. Post some pictures or the like. Pictures of us CRYING (you will not actually see this).

No comments:

Post a Comment