Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Italian City that Could Sorta

Alright. So Milan was a pretty alright city. I think the one thing they have going for them is the epic last supper painting. You need to reserve tickets 2 weeks in advance so I mostly just bummed around the city as per habit thus far prescribes.

During my wanderings I did happen across a pretty excellent museum featuring a filmography collage and costume display of Greta Garbo. In a separate exhibit was a great collection of Roy Lichtenstein's. This particular collection had less of a focus on his iconic dot-comic style that for which he was made popular and was quite interesting to see.

Oh, and there was this really awesome bar where "happy hour" doesn't mean cheap drinks. Instead you get a beer (aprox 1 head in size) and then all you can eat buffet. And the food was damn good. Cooked freshly and abundantly.

Overnight trained it to Vienna. 14 hours and little sleep (trains just aren't good at that) so spent a day crashing and then finally adventured around today. I accidentally booked only booked 2 nights here and they are fresh out of rooms so looks like I'll be heading off somewhere tomorrow. Maybe Prague.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your cavalier attitude toward travel. "Nowhere to sleep, guess I'll go somewhere else- maybe Prague." You exhibit no fear that mistakes will leave you stranded, wet, hungry, shivering, etc, unable to communicate in the local tongue. I'm a little bit afraid of finding myself stranded and lonely even in Seattle. You are a master of living.

    ReplyDelete